R&D Lab Technicians at Sappi in Westbrook, Maine
Pay Rate: $20 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm
Assignment Length: Long-Term Temporary
Become part of a global renewable resource company that uses every part of the tree to make every day more sustainable! Put your skills to use making high-quality packaging, specialty, and graphic papers that are innovative and moving the world forward.
Sappi is proud to foster creativity and provide opportunities for Manpower Associates to learn and grow with a diverse team in a positive, professional environment. We are currently looking to hire R&D Lab Technicians at Sappi in Westbrook, Maine. Apply today!
- Stable, full-time employment
- Work as part of a collaborative team researching and developing sustainable packaging solutions
- Resume building experience in the research & development industry
- Extensive hands-on, job-related training
- Access to health, dental, and vision benefits
- Maine Earned Paid Leave
- Preparing & testing paper coatings in bench scale
- Operating complex and specialized bench size lab equipment
- Assisting pilot scale prototype development
- Quality testing paper properties in support of bench, pilot, and mill scale prototyping
- Creating & performing unusual and infrequent tests
- Recognizing equipment malfunctions and initiating or making repairs
- Performing basic mechanical change-over and maintenance requests
- Upholding Sappi’s high safety standards as part of everyday work
- Communicating results in writing & verbally
- Prior laboratory experience in a professional or educational setting
- Knowledge of basic chemistry and basic math (including algebra)
- A degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field is preferred
- Computer literacy
- Ability to perform basic mechanical tasks
- Ability to lift 50lbs
We’ve made it easy to apply to be one of the R&D Lab Technicians at Sappi in Westbrook, Maine. Simply contact us by applying online or choosing an option below.
Text: ‘SAPPI’ to 207-560-0928
Not sure if this is the right job for you? No worries. We have many other positions available that you may be interested in. Apply now to start a conversation.
Job ID: 5081734